Saturday, April 30, 2011

Succulent Garden

I have been in love with succulent container gardens lately. 

Image Source: chicweed.wordpress.com

Image Source:  illustratedgallivant.com

Not only do they look really great, but...apparently, they are really easy to take care of since they're native desert plants that require little water. 

So off I go to Home Depot yesterday to try my hand at creating a garden of my own.  I picked up a few succulents for about $2.50 a piece and a bag of cactus soil for $3.97.

I started out by using a vase I already had at home.  I filled the bottom with a couple of inches of gravel from our garden to allow for drainage.


Next I added a good amount of cactus potting soil.


Finally, I added my succulents, a few stones and some moss that I had lying around the house.  What?  You don't have bags of moss lying around your house?


All done!  I love, love, love this arrangement!  So pretty and so simple.

On a side note, if you've tried any of my recipes or projects, please take a picture and share with me!  I'd love to see them and feature them on my blog!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: