Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Wreath on the Cheap

**Updated!  Check out the new and improved wreath here!

So, my lovely husband has put a moratorium on spending.  This directly conflicts with my need to decorate for Easter.  Enter Carolyn's Homework blog.  She posted this awesome tutorial for a braided yarn wreath that I thought would look great with my French country-style house.


I'm disappointed in the way that mine came out.  I think that I should have used a thicker yarn or at least used more strands for each braid section.  Also, making a perfect circle with a wire hanger...not easy!  All in all, I think it will do for a couple of weeks...or at least until I get the okay to shop again.  :-)

You can find the full tutorial on Carolyn's Homework, which by the way I highly recommend spending some time on.  She is amazing and has the best ideas.

Have a great day!

No comments: