Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Fresh Flowers

I used to think that the only way to have beautiful flower arrangements in my home was to hope and pray that someone would think enough of me to have a beautiful bouquet delivered to my door.  Ha!  Still waiting for that to happen.

Instead of going through life living with faded plastic floral arrangements, I've been picking up whatever bouquet the grocery store has on sale each week.  As a rule, I never pay more than $6.00 for the bouquet.  Have I mentioned before that I'm cheap?

Here's my latest example.  Randall's had bouquets of carnations on sale for $4.00.  Normally I wouldn't go for the carnations, but I'm so glad I did this time.  


Once I got home I trimmed the stems to fit in a small fish bowl and just started sticking the flowers in there.
 


It's amazing how a dinky little bouquet can all of a sudden become a centerpiece...well two actually.


Now go out and get some flowers, you'll be glad you did.

No comments: