Sunday, March 20, 2011

A new beginning

I've decided to change the direction of my blog.  Previously it was focused on promoting the new products from my now defunct website, doodlehearts.com.

As a world-class procrastinator, I'm going to use my blog as a personal tool to try and keep my complacency in check.  My goal is to write a post every day, detailing what I accomplished, however small it may be.  Baby steps, right?

I'm a creative person by nature so expect many crafty posts.  Definitely not major accomplishments, but a start on my journey to change the parts of myself that I'm not proud of--read, I'm notoriously lazy.

As I write this post I'm sitting on the coast of the Sea of Cortez, about on hour north of Los Cabos.  Instead of enjoying the beach, I'm sitting in the house with my 4-year-old, I'll call her M, watching TV and reading magazines.  I've got to change these habits!  I'm hoping that by seeing my lifestyle in print, I'll realize the scope of my problem.

My sister-in-law and her family are arriving this afternoon.  Yesterday M and I walked along the beach collecting rocks that had been tumbled to the point of resembling eggs.  Perfect little spheres.  I plan on having the kids paint the rocks like Easter eggs...Baja Easter eggs!  Anyone who has ever spent time in Baja will totally "get it.". Baja is super rocky and sandy, nothing sweet or dainty about it so rock eggs are perfect.

Now, I think I'll get dressed and go for a walk!

Jen

No comments: